A few weekends ago our group had an excursion to Granada. Just so you know, I really don’t have much to say about it which is probably why I’ve put off writing this blog post. It was a very rainy weekend and about halfway through I began to get sick. I wanted to love it, and I think I would have, under different circumstances.
Anyway, let’s begin. We began our journey at 8:00 in the morning, that’s when we had to meet. Then it was time for a five hour bus ride to Granada. We stopped for lunch (our host mom made us sandwiches) and then continued. Then we arrived in Granada. Then we checked into our hotels and had free time. So interesting.
After checking in, we kind of relaxed a bit, we were so weary from being in a bus all day. Just kidding, we’re just lazy. After relaxing a bit, we ventured out for a late lunch/early dinner. Our ISA director recommended we either get kebabs or schawarma. I had a doner kebab and it was delicious. Then we got frozen yogurt. After that… we returned to the hotel and hung out. And by that I mean that we watched TV and lied in bed. Then we met our whole group in the lobby to go see a traditional flamenco dance. On the way we stopped at a lookout point to see the city below and la Alhambra. It was very cool, quite a trek, but worth it.
After our pit stop, we saw a flamenco show that lasted about an hour or so. Then we went back to the hotel. Then we got ready to go out for the night! Then we waited for it to be late enough to go out. And then we waited some more. Finally around 1:30 ish we decided not to go out. So I went to bed.
In the morning we had a short walking tour of the city. It was rainy. I had an umbrella but it was kind of miserable. Cold and rainy, yay. After that, lunch time. After that, relax. I was beginning to feel sick at this point too, my throat was starting to hurt and I kept coughing. My remedy was to go shopping. Not much else to do in the rain. First we stopped at a little bakery for a snack. I tried the pionono, special to Granada. It kind of tasted like flan, but it was a small sponge cake like dessert. I don’t know… it was good. Then I came back to the hotel and went to bed early.
The next morning we all packed up and got on the bus and drove to la Alhambra, the palace that overlooks Granada. We had about a three hour long tour of the place and it was pretty neat. Not rainy, but still cold. Then it was time to get back on the bus and go home.
And that´s about it. Sorry this post was pointless but I needed to say something. I did have fun… but not as much fun as I wanted to have. If you are family or friends from the US and want to know more… you have to wait until I come home! Ha ha! Only three more weeks though!
Next post is about my dad and Aunt Jan visiting me in Madrid. And we went to Dublin. I promise that will be more interesting. I’m going to ROME this weekend so look forward to that post as well! I have a feeling I will enjoy this trip very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment