Sunday, August 12, 2012

Introduction

So, here it is: my study abroad blog because everyone who is anyone has one of these bad boys when they study abroad. But mostly this is so that I can share all my adventures with friends and family. For those of you who don’t know, I am studying abroad in Madrid at the University of Antonio de Nebrija. I’m leaving on the first of September and I’ll be back a couple of days before Christmas. While in Madrid, I will be living with a host family and an American roommate. I will try and blog at least once a week but I can’t make any promises, I know that I will be very busy with classes and exploring Spain and parts of Europe. I at least can promise pictures, that shouldn’t be so hard.
I still have three weeks until my flight and I plan on spending the rest of my time in America with friends and family and trying not to panic about what to pack. As of right now I am really nervous but I know later I will be very excited. That’s pretty much how this whole summer has gone, one minute I’m sick with anxiety and the next I can’t wait to leave. Even with all the fear and stress of the upcoming trip, I know that it will all be worth it. I am going to learn so much, meet a lot of new people, and hopefully become a better person. It will definitely be a struggle though; I really need to work on my patience because I know that I won’t be fluent in Spanish right away and that it will take a while to get used to my new surroundings.
            The rest of my posts should be more exciting, filled with lots of pictures and awesome stories but for now this brief introduction will do. This blog may be for all of you to keep track of me, but this blog is also so I don’t forget anything. I want to know how I was feeling so that maybe later I can look back and realize that if I can live in a foreign country for almost four months by myself, I can do anything.
            Also, feedback would be nice! I do not consider myself a writer but I’m trying here. Or, of course, it can just be feedback about how much you miss me and how jealous you are of my adventures and I’m just kidding I swear I’m not this vain my name is Sarah not Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment